Sunday 23 May 2010

Busy day

Four years ago, we bought a chalet in the mountains. This was sort of planned, but not quite right timing-wise. The chalet is on the piste in our favourite ski-resort, Portes-de-Soleil (I bet I could link this but dont know how), in France, and it is a 90min drive from our house in Geneva. We go up at the weekends for skiing in the winter and walks/bbqs in the summer. It is beautiful up there, but a tad isolated at times.

I am there now, and we have spent a super-active day pottering around in the chalet and in the garden, just doing stuff!! I have sanded and stained the handrail on the terrace, helped clear branches that Mike chopped off the tree with his extendable chopping machine. He also has a new circular saw which he used to cut the last piece of floorboard for the storeroom.

And now, the big question, will the bbq light??? sausages and mash tonight, I am always a bit scatty when it comes to meals up here and we tend to make do.


1 comment:

  1. Mmm, bbq! I can't wait for a bbq!

    (I'll teach you how to link things when I see you.)

    <3

    ReplyDelete